Montag, 9. Januar 2017

A small "in-between" project

Two aspects hamper my current model railroading progress:

- Plans to rebuild the "home" of Valkenveld into a new room for my son. His existing room will then house amongst other things my railroading activities. At best this will mean a larger section of (still small) 250 x 40 cm for a new layout.
- My indecisiveness on whether the new layout should feature The Netherlands in the 1960s or an Austrian theme in the late 1980s.

But I made one decision: to do a small building project in the meantime. In an old Railhobby magazine (May-June 2012, p. 28, by Rob Mooij) I found the description of the "Trafohuis" on the Hogeweg 205 in Amersfoort. It is a neat little building in a style that I very much appreciate. Works will commence soon (hopefully).

The transformer at Hogeweg 205 in Amersfoort, The Netherlands. Designed in 1938 by C. B. van der Tak for PUEM. Source: rijksmonumenten

Drawing by Rob Mooij in Railhobby May-June 2012

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen