Sonntag, 24. Mai 2020

A loading gauge for Elmslohe

A while ago I assembled a weigh bridge for my new Elmslohe station, a kit from Auhagen (No. 11404). The Auhagen kit also comes with a loading gauge. However, I was never too fond of it as the gauges look rather massive. I finally took the box out again to have another small project to do. I put a new blade in my knife holder and with some cutting and sanding I got the gauges to something that is usable in my view. It is surely still not of a Weinert quality, but considering the price-quality-ratio it is more than acceptable.

I primed the loading gauge with Tamyia light grey primer, and liked the look of it, no need for a further paint coat. I just weathered the model lightly with thinned black Tamiya paint.


The earlier built weighbridge.


On the right the original Auhagen piece, on the left the thinner version after cutting with a sharp blade.


The model in situ on the station module. I really want to get going with painting the rails and ballasting..



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen