Montag, 29. Juni 2020

Narrow gauge excursion

I recently rediscovered my interest in narrow gauge railways. I think it was triggered by ordering Roco's new H0e model of the Austrian Rh 2095, in the version of 2095.014-3 of the Waldviertelbahn. A "must-buy" despite not having a narrow gauge layout. So the beauty will end up in the showcase for the time being or will get a dedicated Austrian micro-layout somewhen in the future.

In the meantime I dug up a very old box: the H0e starter set No. 31000 of Roco featuring a small Diesel locomotive, two skips and two wooden open cars and an N(!) set-track circle. I had bought this set some 35 years ago!

Roco's "Grubenbahn" Starter Set, bought some 35 years ago. The track in the image is from Peco.

The little Diesel engine with the original motor.

New core-less motor by Tramfabriek and the Train-O-Matic decoder.


The engine is too neat to have her sit in the box for another 35 years.. So I decided to give her a make-over. I installed a new motor by Tramfabriek and Train-O-Matic decoder No. 02010223. She now runs supersmoothly!

So the next thought popped up in an instant: why not build her a very small layout (70 x 38 cm) that could fit into an Ikea cupboard? Dustproof and ready to play with. Nothing fancy, just an oval to admire running trains in fitting scenery and max. two turnouts. I have ordered Peco H0e flex track and the two turnouts. More on the idea soon.. (I hope)


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen