Samstag, 18. April 2020

Elmslohe freight shed

I have been working on the Elmslohe freight shed, a straightforward and very satisfying project as I made the decision to use the Auhagen shed (No. 11383) without any bigger adaptations or "personalisation". Why change a winning concept when you can use a model which is in my view absolutely perfect? I really like the proportions and the overall look of the building.

As Elmslohe is a small terminus station, I am only using the main building without the shed extension. I also prefer the look of the proportions of the main building as stand-alone more.

There are still some minor things to be done once interior lighting is installed, like timber frames supporting the roof above the doors, vertical rain pipes and general weathering.

Wilhem Klützig patiently waits on Elmslohe’s shed platform for the Köf to pick up and spot the daily “Stückgut” wagon.
With the Tillig Elite track that I am using in Elmslohe, the loading dock is at precisely the required height.

The buffer stop is a placeholder only.


I painted the brickwork with Humbrol No. 100 so that the shed fits to the Elmslohe station building in look and feel. The grooves were done with a 50/50 mixture of white and thinner. After drying I sanded grooves where the timber goes to allow a good fit.

The timber got first a layer of Tamiya primer and then a layer of Tamiya flat brown. After some sanding all has a quite irregular and slightly weathered look when the primer gets exposed in certain spots. 

Glueing everything together.

The four walls are up.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen