Freitag, 24. April 2020

Light in the "Aquarium"

I installed two LED panels above the Elmslohe station modules. It's an amazing effect to stand in a dark room and see the layout brightly illuminated. There LED light distribution is such that you don't see any shadows on the layout or background. As Elmslohe is sandwiched in-between cupboards below and above, the lit layout has a sort of "aquarium" feel to it.

I still need to mount a front fascia, ca. 12-15 cm high. Also, I need to store the cables properly and out of sight.

Once the fascia is installed, I want to properly judge the light. Depending on how much light I also get on the sides of cars, buildings, etc. I might install some LED spots in addition to light the layout from the front. So far, I don't think this will be really necessary. But as always, the proof is in the pudding..

The panels are from Ledlichtstunter:

- 2 panels of 120 x 30 cm each
- 36W
- 4000K

It is impossible to capture the effect with the mobile camera. Unsurprisingly with the high dark-light differences. The below images therefore only give a very rough representation of my new "layout aquarium".






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen